- 6 Feb 2024
- 16:00 - 17:00
Stories that Move: Let’s talk about love
On Valentine’s day we celebrate love. Sadly, many young adults cannot express their love for one another freely. In this webinar we will share ways to talk about the discrimination that Nick experiences as a young gay person to create space to talk about love and discrimination with your students. We will also look into examples from the past where people faced discrimination related to the topic of Love. Two Stories that Move trainers will introduce different ways to work with the online tool and the use of personal stories.
Aims of the webinar:
- To help teachers and other educational professionals to discuss the topic of Love with young adults.
- To get to know both stories of young people today facing discrimination as well as historical examples of people that faced discrimination in the past related to the topic of Love.
- To get to know the method of blended learning and visible thinking .
- To provide teachers with concrete exercises to discuss the discrimination of LGBTQ(IA+) community.
- To learn how you can use the online toolbox in the classroom.
The webinar will be lead by Femke van Elk de Koning, Stories that Move country coordinator for the Netherlands at the Anne Frank House.Sign up